We are seeking a research assistant/lab manager to be part of our team. The research assistant will hold an integral role within the lab – not only taking on the administrative duties involved in running the lab but also supporting and participating in the science. We’re targeting someone highly organized, with excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail. This is an opportunity to have a tremendous impact on the running of a lab – ensuring a positive and encouraging work environment that fosters a strong and cohesive team and participating in various research aspects within the lab, such as functional genomics, imaging, and mouse physiology studies.
Opportunity to develop into a full lab manager role.
Administrative – 40%
· Coordinate all ordering of supplies and ensure adequate maintenance of research requirements
· Administer lab safety programs and train and monitor laboratory members as needed to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations
· Manage yearly regulatory review process with various governing bodies to ensure compliance
· Oversight of essential equipment and maintenance
· Supervise management of the laboratory plasmid and cell line inventories
· Coordinate lab orientation of all new lab members and training on a variety of laboratory procedures
· Along with other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator, the candidate will serve as a resource for both students and staff for a variety of issues.
Research – 60%
· Work efficiently and cooperatively with a team of researchers in support of projects
· Participate in laboratory meetings and planning sessions
· Use state-of-the-art technical instruments, such as mass spectrometers and super-resolution microscopes
· Search out, read, discuss and apply relevant scientific literature
· Assist other scientists as required
· Candidate must be self-motivated, energetic and able to work in a diverse laboratory environment
· Knowledge of standard safety regulations and appropriate laboratory practices applying to research in biology and biochemistry; demonstrated ability to engage others effectively in learning and applying appropriate practices
· Excellent organizational, communication, computer and record-keeping skills
· Knowledge of computer and MS office software, as well as Mac software
The Harvard T.H. Chan of Public Health is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – including fostering respect for all, serving the greater good, and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. To learn more about the Chan School’s mission, objectives, and core values, please visit our website here.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health to support our mission of health research and education, and to be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!